Staying on Track
The McDonnell Family Sports Complex enhances St. Teresa's athletic program and promotes the health and wellness of all students. Through an innovative partnership with UMKC, St. Teresa’s is sharing the cost of constructing this new facility. Although a portion of the project has been funded, additional financial support is still needed.
Please Consider a Gift or Pledge Today
Please consider a gift or pledge to support this exciting project for STA. Click the "Donate Now" button above to give online or print and mail us a pledge card. Your gift will help ensure St. Teresa’s remains the high school of choice for young women in the Kansas City area. We are grateful for your generosity.
Premier Athletic Facility
- Regulation eight lane track with Mondotrack construction: prefabricated synthetic rubber track surface providing excellent shock absorption and energy return as well as unparalleled durability. Official running surface for the last nine Olympic games.
- Regulation synthetic turf field with Mondoturf construction providing the same playing performance and characteristics as natural grass.
- Surrounded by black iron fence and designed to fit aesthetically into the existing historical grounds without disruption to surrounding streets or land.
Benefits STA Athletes & Entire Student Community
- Facility will support over 400 student athletes participating in eleven different varsity sports, including the track and field, cross country, lacrosse, soccer, softball, and golf teams.
- Will provide practice facilities comparable with competing schools.
- Students will be able to practice on our campus, eliminating travel time and rental expenses associated with off site practice fields.
- Benefits all members of our school community including those who participate in physical education classes, walking club, conditioning, summer and team camps.
Benefits Area Schools & Neighborhood
- A regulation size track and field was an unfulfilled need among many schools in urban Kansas City, including the University of Missouri-Kansas City. UMKC will lease the facility from STA for team practices beginning in the fall of 2011, creating an innovative partnership and providing significant cost savings to both schools.
- Other neighboring schools and clubs are interested in renting a much needed, first class practice facility.
- Neighbors living near St. Teresa's will have scheduled access to the facility for walking and running, encouraging healthy lifestyles.
For additional information please contact Mary Beth Compton, development director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.501.0031.